Relax and Sing Baby Massage and Yoga
Come along, meet other parents with their little ones and explore together the power of touch in connecting, engaging and soothing your little one.
This is a wonderful course to meet others, enjoy a cuppa and learn skills that you can adapt to your little ones at home plus share with others!
Upcoming courses with Carlynn:
- Thursday 22nd February 2018 – Thursday 22nd March 2018: 10.00-11.00am (5 week course £35)
- Thursday 19th April 2018 – Thursday 24th May 2018: 10.00-11.00am (5 week course £35)
- Thursday 31st May 2018 – Thursday 28th June 2018: 10.00-11.00am (5 week course £35)
During this 5 week course you will learn:
- How to give your little one a gentle massage
- Enjoy fun baby yoga stretches
- Use different textures to provide touch sensory stimulation
- Learn useful shiatsu points for common baby ailments
- Relax with a calming activity each week (for parents too!)
- Sing our way through the sessions with well know nursery rhymes to delight and lullabies to send your little one to sleep!
What to bring with you:
A towel for your little one to lie on and a comfy cushion for you to sit on.
Massage oil and tea/coffee are provided during the class.
What age are these courses for?
The sessions are tailored for babies aged 6 weeks to pre-crawling.
What is the structure of the course?
Theses weekly sessions run for 1 hour in 5 week blocks to give you the chance to learn songs, rhymes, massage strokes and gentle yoga movements, through repetition each week. This enables babies who may be feeding, sleeping, crying all to have a chance to relax and enjoy the strokes at some point over the block. Parents and babies find it easy to get used to, and grow to love, the massage strokes and have fun learning the songs and lullabies.
What are the benefits?
This is a great way to meet other parents in a relaxed environment, where your wee ones can enjoy the company of other babies. The babies love all the songs, rhymes and sensory materials and toys.
Baby massage and yoga can help stimulate sensory development and improve sleep patterns in your baby, help to relieve gas and colic, plus give you new ways to have fun and connect with your baby.
Courses take place at: The Link (previously The Kabin), 5 Mayburn Walk, Loanhead, EH20 9HG
Free parking is available in the car park to the rear of The Link or on street, taking local road markings into account.
Baby massage at home
Carlynn is also happy to visit a group of parents and babies to offer baby massage in the comfort of your own home.
*Carlynn has attended various baby massage classes as a parent and has successfully completed baby massage training which is fully accredited by The Royal College of Midwives (RCM) through KnotStressed, in addition to original training.